Monday, July 11, 2011

Pin It

Widgets

Moving Words Monday #6: Challenges Shape Us

I'd like to share a few words I highlighted from the book I'm currently reading, Life Is What You Make It by Peter Buffett, which I believe is a great representation of how we should view challenges:

"The knife is each of us.  The outside world, with its demands and expectations, is the whetting stone, the grinding wheel.  The only way we can keep our edge is to submit to the friction of the stone.  This takes a certain courage, because the stone is huge and its grinding is relentless; it also take a certain humility, and understanding that the wheel will keep on turning long after our own little substance has been all used up.  To get the greatest benefit, the keenest edge, from the collision of knife and wheel, a certain mix of passive and active is called for.  We have to surrender ourselves to the friction of the wheel; but we also have to hold our ground, mindfully position ourselves at the proper angle and with the proper firmness, so that the steel rings, sparks fly - sparks creativity and passion and commitment - and we come away improved and refreshed."

My post for



Have an inspiring and beautiful Monday to all! :)


2 comments:

  1. God provides opportunities for us to learn and grow :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like a great book, will try look for that tooo :)

    ReplyDelete

Your visit and comments on my posts mean so much to me - thank you! :)
Please do drop by and visit me on my other blogs:

The All-around Mom
Building TRUE HEALTH and TRUE WEALTH

Blessings and love! :)