Thursday, January 6, 2011

Pin It

Widgets

Thankful Thursday: celebrating a year of being a full-time mom

For this month, Thankful Thursday will be hosted at Lynn's Spiritually Unequal Marriage, which is one of the blogs I'm following.

It's a brand new year, and another fresh start and it's one of the things I'm thankful for.  To have survived the past year and to have been given another fruitful year to enjoy is really a blessing I'm thankful for.  And this month, I am also thankful to have survived mommyhood for a year without a helper or nanny.  Well, it's been two years when I left my job and became a stay-at-home mom, but during the first year, we had a helper at home who does the chores and takes care of my little boy, who wasn't used to me since I'm always out at work.  Having a helper at home is one of the things we needed to give up since I'm no longer working.

I am thankful that I have gotten used to taking care of my kids, especially my little boy who is sometimes very difficult to deal with when he has tantrums, and of doing some of the household chores.  Now my little boy can't live without me, and would always make sure he sees me or comes along whenever I have to go out.  I am thankful that I've gotten what I've prayed for long ago: to be with my children all the time and take care of them and their needs.

What are you thankful for this week?  Share it with us! :)


4 comments:

  1. Being a SAHM is very tough, indeed. I didn't grow up with brothers, so I was unprepared for the two boys I have. The girls? I can handle them! Isn't it nice that even though things don't always get easier, they do get better?

    Happy TT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen. I very rich gift indeed. Happy TT. It's going to be a wonderful year in service to our King. Hugging you. Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just followed, please follow back www.occasionsofjoy.com. THANKS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. just followed, please do follow back. www.occasionsofjoy.com

    ReplyDelete

Your visit and comments on my posts mean so much to me - thank you! :)
Please do drop by and visit me on my other blogs:

The All-around Mom
Building TRUE HEALTH and TRUE WEALTH

Blessings and love! :)