Friday, December 3, 2010

Pin It

Widgets

Determined to be my best

"With good will render service, as to the Lord and not to men." - Ephesians 6:7

I read an inspiring message today in one of the devotional books I'm reading.  It reminded me of how sometimes, I lack enthusiasm in my life as a stay-at-home mom.  It probably has to do with how I sometimes don't see my partner appreciate the things I do. To him, what I'm doing is nothing compared to what he does because he's the one earning money, and well, because I'm just at home, and my source of income is not that solid.  But whether other people show appreciation for the things I do or not, I shouldn't let it bring me down and influence how I think of myself as just being a SAHM.  I should give value to myself and to my purpose as a mother and a homemaker.  And I should always do and give my best in every deed or task.

These were the words on the book that gave me inspiration, and would probably inspire you to do your best, too:

...wherever and whenever a person, motivated by the love of Jesus Christ, performs an act of loving service for another person.


There is no lack of meaning in any job performed with God's love and "as unto the Lord."


Whatever the tasks you face today, perform them as if you were performing them for Jesus himself, because ultimately you are!

My only motivation in doing things should be Jesus.  And the love, the enthusiasm, and giving my best in all of my tasks may it be big or small - all of these things will just follow.

Be satisfied with nothing but your best. - Edward Rowland Sill

1 comment:

Your visit and comments on my posts mean so much to me - thank you! :)
Please do drop by and visit me on my other blogs:

The All-around Mom
Building TRUE HEALTH and TRUE WEALTH

Blessings and love! :)