Thursday, November 11, 2010

Pin It

Widgets

Thankful Thursday



I was a worry-wart before I started reading the Bible.  I would worry on just about anything, especially on what the future of our family, especially that of my kids, would become.  Then I came across this Bible verse in Jeremiah, that helped and is continually helping me be reminded of how God promised a good life for all of us and that He only has good intentions for us:

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future." - Jeremiah 29:11

Today being Thankful Thursday, my heart is just filled with gratitude for this promise from God, because I and my family, especially my 3 kids, can live worry-free lives. :)

Want to read more of what others are thankful for?  Just click on this link for more thankful entries.  Happy Thursday, everyone! :)

5 comments:

  1. one of my favorite verses in the bible. Happy thankful thursday!

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great verse! Indeed, God does have plans for each of us.

    Happy TT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So grateful He knows more than I and sees beyond the most desolate deserts. I try and catch myself before I get too far into worrying and choose to set my gaze on Him...saying His name over and over....all else eventually falls away for He does indeed know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can be a worry wart too sometimes but I am so glad that the Master has a plan and I don't need to worry about my tomorrows! Great TT post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. it's hard not to worry sometimes. we just have to constantly remind ourselves that God is in control. He is in charge and therefore we can be still.

    ReplyDelete

Your visit and comments on my posts mean so much to me - thank you! :)
Please do drop by and visit me on my other blogs:

The All-around Mom
Building TRUE HEALTH and TRUE WEALTH

Blessings and love! :)