Saturday, November 6, 2010

Pin It

Widgets

Dedicating it all to the Lord

"And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him." - Colossians 3:27

Being a SAHM was something that I've always wanted and prayed for.  When the Lord answered my prayer, I was very thankful, because now I would have time - more time - for my kids.  But running a household is one tough job.  I got used to having a maid and nanny around the house, and when our helper left, boy, did I really have a hard time doing all the chores, not to mention taming my toddler whenever he who'd have tantrums.  After that, we didn't get another maid or nanny since we're cutting down on expenses, so it was just all me around the house.

Getting used and adjusting to my "new life" as a stay-at-home mom took a lot of patience and understanding.  One of the things I learned and that helped make tasks lighter at home is dedicating or offering them to the Lord.  I just utter a short "This is for you, my Lord" at the beginning of everything I do, whether it's just as simple as giving my little boy a bath or as complicated as doing the laundry.

It helps in a way to do this every single time because I know I'm doing these things for the Lord.  The thought of complaining and of feeling tired is just replaced with love and happiness for the things that I do and for the person I'm doing it for. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your visit and comments on my posts mean so much to me - thank you! :)
Please do drop by and visit me on my other blogs:

The All-around Mom
Building TRUE HEALTH and TRUE WEALTH

Blessings and love! :)