Friday, November 12, 2010

Pin It

Widgets

Creating your own Happiness

"...he that is of a merry heart hath a continual feast."  - Proverbs 15:15


In Norman Vincent Peale's book "The Power of Positive Thinking" (this is my most favorite book, because this helped me a lot and introduced me to reading the Bible), one of the chapters cover how one can create his own happiness.  The first line of that chapter started with a question: "Who decides whether you shall be happy or unhappy?" and immediately followed by "The answer - you do!"  That statement alone made me think about how all this time, I'm responsible for my own happiness.

I would like to share the statements from that book that I've highlighted that I go back to and read that inspires me to become happy every single day:

* The adult who can carry the spirit of a child into middle and old age is a genius, for he will preserve the truly happy spirit with which God endowed the young.

* To become a happy person have a clean soul, eyes that see romance in the commonplace, a child's heart and spiritual simplicity.

* Out of the happiness habit comes a happy life.  And because we can cultivate a habit, we therefore have the power to create our own happiness.

* Where love is, God is. And where God and love are, there is happiness. So a practical principle in creating happiness is to practice love.

* Affirm happy outcomes at the start of every day, and you will be surprised at how often things will turn out so.

And here are some positive affirmations that would help all of us throughout our day:

1. Personalize the Bible verse Psalm 118:24 by saying, "This is the day that the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it."

2. While having breakfast or getting dressed, say aloud such remarks as:  "I believe this is going to be a wonderful day...God is here and He is with me and He will see me through."  Just fill your thoughts with positive things of what you believe is in store for you for the day.

We may have a lot of unhappy experiences going on in our lives, but being happy is something we should never forget.  The happy outcome of our lives lies in our own choice.

What are the things that you do to fill your day and life with happiness? I would love to hear how you make each day of your life a happy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your visit and comments on my posts mean so much to me - thank you! :)
Please do drop by and visit me on my other blogs:

The All-around Mom
Building TRUE HEALTH and TRUE WEALTH

Blessings and love! :)